This position upholds the core values as determined by the Management Team. The lumberyard associate reports to the Floor Manager. Additionally, the position answers to and provides needed information to the Chief Financial Officer and Owner on an ongoing and as needed basis. The Lumberyard Associate also interfaces with all Department Managers and associates within the store team. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those required for this position while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be available to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the Lumberyard Associate will work outside in adverse weather conditions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide customer service to all customers and fellow associates.
- Load purchased products based on the pick ticket provided by POS.
- Fill propane tanks for customers.
- Maintain cleanliness and order of stock in the Lumberyard inside and outside of the building including the bays.
- Assist with maintaining pricing placards for bay items, piping, rebar, pavers, and identifying the SKU and price of the item in the Lumberyard and Garden Center
- Inventory Product each morning.
- Unload trucks by using a forklift or by hand.
- Remove trash from under the lean to daily to sweep and blow out daily (Garden Center should assist). Dump trash receptacles daily.
- Run the sweeper in the morning and evening (if necessary) in the front parking lot a minimum of once a week.
- Clean up pallets in the back and garden center daily (GC should assist). Restock GC pallets daily or as needed/requested.
- Bale all cardboard.
- Secure all equipment in building and lean to in a neat and safe manner.
- Secure trailer products in a neat and clean manner.
- Tape and wrap damaged lumber and L&G items and dispose of them on a regular basis.
- Mow and use week eater on a regular basis to ensure all perimeter areas including L & G and store front are neat and presentable.
- Spray around building, fence, ditch, garden center and front of the store areas weekly.
- All other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Previous customer service experience/lumberyard experience desired.
- Ability to work as part of a team and interact with customers and employees of various socioeconomic levels, persons in different company roles, vendors, guests, and Ace Corporate Representatives.
- Regular and prompt attendance.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule of days, evenings, weekends, holidays, and be flexible for other special events such as weather occurrences, emergency situations, occasional unplanned illnesses or limited number of associates, mandatory meetings, and other times as needed.
- Ability to stand for an extended period, walk, reach and bend to perform job duties.
- Ability to complete a training course and testing on how to operate a Forklift.
- Ability to complete a training course and testing on how to dispense propane.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school and considerable experience in customer service.
Applicants should apply online and email a resume to Michelle@BeaufortAce.com or may apply in the store located at 1511 Live Oak Street, Beaufort, NC 28516.